Friday, May 8, 2009

More fun with Tim and Sumika

While Tim and Sumika were here, Sumi(my nickname for her) wanted to cook some Japanese food for us. One day Eloise and I took her to the Asian market. It was great having her there to explain what certain foods were! We got an education!
This is one giant cabbage!
Thankfully she didn't buy this.
Sumi is here explaining to Eloise what to do with dried anchovies.
Sumi was on one side of the kitchen making a yummy Japanese dish. And Eloise was on the other side cooking our favorite Thai dish. I was taking pictures!!

I wish I could remember what this was called! It was like two pancakes(but not that sweet) and in the middle was chicken, bacon, and "assorted seafood", and cabbage. It was delicious.
Chopsticks in hand and we are ready to eat!

David was thrilled to find some octopus in his meal. He loved it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The dish was called okonomiyacki. I don't know how to spell it, but it's pronounced oko-nomee-yackee.
I remembered, Uncle Tim and Sumi!
woohoo!
~Rachel