Friday, May 23, 2008

Ben Turns 16!!!

Tuesday was Ben's 16th birthday. I was asked to substitute for his English class that morning. So I brought in donut holes, orange juice, and a big cookie. One of his friends also brought in cupcakes-thanks Amy! After the class did their work, we had a party!
crazy boys!
One of the boys had the "brilliant" idea of hoisting Ben in a chair and carrying him down the hallway. They also tried to build a human pyramid but never were successful!!! I'm glad this happened at the end of the school year rather than at the beginning since they were a little disruptive!!!! I wonder if I will be asked to sub again!?!?
We gave Ben a cell phone for his birthday. He hasn't been this excited since he got his electric jeep when he was 5 years old! It was quite fun to watch!!
Ben, we are so thankful for the incredible gift God gave us 16 years ago....when He gave us you. You bring so much joy into our lives! We look forward to watching you grow into the man God wants you to be!! We love you very much!!!!

"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths, guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are my God and Savior, and my hope is in You all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Ben! Sweet 16 and never been kissed, right? Except by Mom! :o)

Unknown said...

THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT DAN DILLEY!!!

Anonymous said...

Never doubted it for a second!

Anonymous said...

Happy to say I'VE kissed him!!!...
am so proud of you, Ben. You have a heritage to stand on, and an opportunity to lead on for God in your generation.
We love you, Ma and Papa

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (belatedly), Captain Ben!! I love the cell phone face....I've seen that one many times and well....it makes me miss ya! Come visit SC sometime soon.

Anonymous said...

Dog! I did it again! Never can remember which thingie to push...It's me up there....Beth R.

Ti Pestana said...

Happy Birthday Ben!!!
Very late... you must be almost turning 17 by now!! Sorry!!! But I hope you had a great day... it seems like you did!!! ahaha