Sunday, November 2, 2008

Old Town Alexandria

Where has the time gone?? Are there even people still checking this poor pitiful blog??? Well, I am going to try to update much more often. We have had a busy fall.....school, cross country, church stuff. I'll put up pictures soon. But today......Todd and I went to Old Town Alexandria. It was a lovely fall day. We strolled down King Street window shopping and people watching. We went to the Torpedo Factory. I could have stayed there all day! Thanks Jean for that great tip! It used to a a torpedo factory, but was converted into art galleries and studios.
For supper, we ate at The Fish Market. Our table was on the second floor beside a window looking out onto the street. It was simply charming.

This is Christ Church. Both George Washington and Robert E. Lee attended church here.
My last picture is actually the first picture I took. It has been too long since I updated.......I forgot how! Anyway, our first stop was a great knitting shop where I got some fantastic Noro yarn!!

Thanks Honey for a wonderful day! I love spending time with you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww.
what a great afternoon!

Uncle Tim

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to do that...looks like fun and, I'm sure, much needed. Another yarn shop for next time!!!
mom

Anonymous said...

what a neat lookin place

Jean said...

yay! so glad you had a good time.

georgetown next....